If you want to build a new virtual machine which will be same as another existing virtual machine in your drive, you can use clone feature in VMware so you don't have to build and configure a new machine manually from the beginning. These are the steps how to clone virtual machine in VMware 6.5.
- Run VMware. Choose the existing virtual machine in your computer which will be cloned.
- Go to VM menu. Choose clone.
- There are two options of cloning. First is linked clone. Second is independent clone. I think it's better if you choose the second type for better performance of virtual machine but it will take more disk spaces.
- Name your new virtual machine.
- Wait for the cloning process.
I hope it will be usefull. BTW, I still use version 6.5 because I think it's more stable than newest version (9.0) . I had installed the newest version before, but it wasn't able to run bridge mode for network adapter so I downgrade the application. I had tried to make manual configuration for bridging in virtual network editor but still couldn't resolve the problem in version 9.0.