- You have SVN (Subversion) server where your project files will be stored. It also can be installed on same computer where you make your project.
- You have installed Subversion on local computer where your project is saved.
- Checkout. You must set a directory (your project directory) in local computer which files will be stored in SVN repository.
$ svn checkout http://yoursvnserver.com/svn/path/to/repo/myproject /home/user/myproject
It will create a ".svn" directory inside "/home/user/myproject/" and make "/home/user/myproject" as working copy.
- Import. This step will copy files from your local project directory to SVN repository.
$ svn import /home/user/myproject http://yoursvnserver.com/svn/path/to/repo/myproject
- Update or Commit. Update will download changes from SVN repository. Commit will upload files to SVN repository. Update will sync updated files to working copy.